february meal plan

January’s meal plan was a hit! We ended up eating a lot more leftovers than I had planned on so many of the recipes could carry over into February. I also have a bunch listed in the “notes” section that I want to try so they can always be back ups. For the most part I stuck to the meal plan last month. There were a couple times that I just didn’t feel like what I had scheduled for that day, so I just made something else with things I had on hand. It definitely removed the what-are-we-having-for-dinner-tonight anxiety and I always knew exactly what I needed at the grocery store. I have fallen in love with frozen fruits and veggies (although they do not completely replace fresh by any means) and my crock pot. Many people have asked me how I plan out my grocery shopping and the key is to have some ingredients always on hand – I get most of these staples at Costco. Then, I get my regular produce either at Albertsons or Trader Joes, just depending on where I go that week. Most of my meals use some of the following staple items that I get at Costco.

 

Costco List:

  • Chicken Broth (cans)
  • Stewed Tomatoes (cans)
  • Tomato Sauce (cans)
  • Applesauce (this is for me and Finley :-)
  • Chicken (this is a Costo MUST)
  • Ground Turkey
  • Chicken Thighs or Drumsticks
  • Frozen Peas
  • Frozen Corn
  • They also have great frozen fruit (I get some of the frozen stuff at the grocery store because the Costco bulk items take up a lot of space)
  • Taco Seasoning
  • Tortillas (I get the uncooked tortillas in the fridge section, near the cheeses, it lasts much longer than the other kind and taste so much better!)
  • Bread (I freeze one loaf and use the other)


Here is my Feb meal plan calendar. We’ll probably end up substituting the Coconut Curry Stir Fry for some of these because it’s Kris’s new favorite :-)

Feb Meal Plan

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP