Chicken Cacciatore – Slow Cooker

This is hands down Kris’s favorite dish, and I just happen to love it too! I can’t seem to remember where I got the recipe from… I think it is a rendition of an Emeril recipe (I tend to combine multiple different recipes to make my own and then make my own adjustments). This is definitely a regular meal at our house and it is sure to please any crowd. The bonus is that it’s also a slow cooker recipe!

  • 6 chicken thighs
  • salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme
  • flour
  • olive oil
  • 1 cup onion, chopped (approx. 1/2 onion)
  • red pepper flakes
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 c. dry white wine
  • bell pepper, chunky chopped (I use whatever color I have on hand)
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes
  • 1 small can tomato sauce
  • 1 cup chicken broth (I tend to add a bit more)
  • egg noodles
  • parm
  1. Coat chicken w/salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano and thyme. Dredge in flour. Heat oil in dutch oven and cook chicken 3-5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to the slow cooker.
  2. In dutch oven add red pepper flakes, onion, garlic and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper.  Sauté about 5 minutes and then stir in 2 tbl. of flour.
  3. Add wine, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth and salt.
  4. Add sauce to the crock pot. Cook for 6 hours on high.
  5. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Serve chicken/sauce over the noodles and top with Parmesan or Romano cheese.

Enjoy!

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP