A Day in the Life of… ME

I’ve been wanting to catch up on Finley’s journal, but I am embarrassingly behind so I thought I’d write in here a little of what we do each day. Our routine has been basically the same for a while with a few changes here and there. Finley sleeps through the night (Halleluiah!) which means she goes to bed by 8:00 and up by 7:00, which always seems to come so fast (considering I usually stay up way too late). Before she was sleeping in that late (up until about 7 months) she would usually wake up at 5… not my idea of a time to wake up for the day. So, Kris would usually go get her and bring her into our bed while I made her a bottle. Like the perfect angel she is she would drink the bottle and fall back to sleep until about 7:30… it was great. After she has her bottle in our bed (we still do this) we go downstairs and play on the floor. She has a basket of toys and a basket of diapers and she usually goes straight to the diapers and takes each one out of the basket and then moves onto the basket of toys. Right now she is entertained with her new toys from Christmas, especially climbing on top of the Fisher Price music table she got. Her favorite thing is to stand up now and so she climbs onto anything to try and get herself up. I love when she crawls up to me and holds out her hands for me to support her as she stands up. I have a feeling it won’t take her long to start walking… crazy!

After about 30 minutes of play time (which I do first to get her good and hungry for breakfast, she doesn’t usually have much of an appetite) we have breakfast. I give her some puffs, cheerios or bananas as I unload the dishwasher and make her oatmeal. She then has oatmeal with yogurt and sometimes I put fruit in the oatmeal. Some days she eats it all and others she just takes a few bites. After breakfast, it’s play time again. We usually play on the floor either upstairs or downstairs, read books, etc. Then she gets dressed up for the day and it’s about time for her morning nap. I make her a bottle and put her down. Usually she goes to sleep right away, but if Kris is home she tries so hard to stay up and play. Kind of cute. While she naps, I shower every some days. If she just won’t go down then I put her in the Jumparoo by the bathroom door while I shower. That girl could jump for hours. Now when she wakes up I find her standing in her crib gripping the railing, I can’t get over how grown up she is!

Once we’re all rested and ready for the day I make Finley some lunch (she goes down around 9:30/10 and sleeps for 1-2 hours). For lunch she typically has some of the following: avocado, cottage cheese, tofu, applesauce, pears, prunes, sweet potato… yesterday I gave her some black beans, egg yolk, and broccoli mixed with some avocado. She likes finger foods much better than mushy baby food textures, but I’m not sure she actually gets as much of the finger foods in her belly considering what’s left over in her high. Once lunch is done and the kitchen is cleaned up, we are ready to do something for the day. Some days we go grocery shopping, run errands or meet up with friends. Other days we just stay home. Finley usually takes her afternoon nap in the car when we’re out or if we’re home she sleeps in her crib and I use that time to clean the house and do laundry (I pretty much do laundry every day… I heart my washer and dryer).

Once she wakes up we play or I put groceries away and start thinking about making dinner. I start cooking and Kris comes home. Finley gets so excited when she sees Kris walk through the door. No matter how tired or stressed out he may be he always walks in the door with a smile on his face ready to play with his little babes. They are so cute together. I use that time to finish dinner. We try to feed Finley while we’re eating, but if dinner is going to be a little later for us we feed her earlier. Once we eat dinner it’s time for our bedtime routine. She gets a bath every other day. We used to do it every day, but started doing every other day in October. While I get her bath ready Kris usually comes up and plays with her on the floor and she gets worn out by giggling up a storm. Then it’s in the bath she goes and she loves it and I love watching her splash and chew on her rubber ducky. After her bath she gets lotion (we do this every night as she used to have eczema but once we started our lotion routine, it’s cleared up and stayed away. Thank you Cetaphil). Then we go in her nursery, sit in the rocking chair and I give her a bottle and she falls asleep pretty fast most nights. I sing to her and hold her for a while after she falls asleep, I cherish those snuggle moments.

Then Kris and I usually clean up the kitchen and watch our favorite shows, read, blog (well, I blog), and enjoy the rest of the evening.

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP