Christmas 2010
We’re back from an exciting trip to Boise for Christmas. Day 1 of the trip started off at the pediatrician’s office for Finley. She had a cold that just wasn’t going away and I was getting nervous for the plane ride. We weren’t able to see our regular doctor, but they got us in right away. The doc put her on antibiotics because she was on the verge of an ear infection and the pressure on planes can make it worse. Finley was pissed at the doctor for looking at her ears and putting that dry, hard, weird-tasting stick in her mouth. I remember begging doctors not to put the gag stick in my mouth and would promise that I could open my mouth wide enough without it. Finley yelled at him, and yelled and turned her head to me with a look like “who is this man and why are you letting him do this to me?” Even after he was done she faced him and scolded him with screeches and growls. Naturally, I was proud of her for asserting herself.
Next stop was the airport and both Kris and I were nervous for the flight, praying the pressure wouldn’t hurt her ears. To our delight, the only sound she made the entire time was giggle after giggle after giggle. Good thing Kris is so funny. We were greeted at the airport in Boise by very excited grandparents. I was filled with joy. I always feel so happy when I’m in Boise. We ended the night by watching the Broncos win their bowl game and then snuggled up in the bed I grew up in.
You may know already that Finley loves dogs. I’m not sure “love” even closely describes her affinity for them, she is OBSESSED. So we weren’t surprised that she found Cooper, my parent’s dog, as soon as we walked in the door. She didn’t skip a beat and was on the floor with him in no time. These pictures were taken within 5 minutes of being there. I love her passion.
My parents got Kris a gun for Christmas, so he and my dad spent the week shooting at the range, watching True Grit and being cowboys. I love the cowboy spirit in him. Finley was showered with toys from all of her wonderful grandparents, aunts and uncles so she spent lots of time playing. We struggled to get her to eat while we were there because she was constantly looking for Cooper, I mean constantly. The doctor said she just eats until she is satisfied, not until she is full so not to worry. Gosh, wish I could say she got that from me. I spent my time eating sugar cookies. I’m not ashamed.
Kris, my brother and my cousin went to Sun Valley for a few days to snowboard.
While the boys were in Sun Valley, Finley’s BFF Siena came over on their way to Sun Valley. We had a fun afternoon with the girls.
The girls loved this jewelry box.
Christmas is always my favorite time of year, but spending it with a baby is magical. Finley was so excited as she crinkled the paper in between her tiny hands and each time she saw a new toy.
She melts our hearts.
Hair style of the year.
”I can go with you to feed the horses? YEEESSSS!” :-)
Bundled up for the barn… future cowgirl?
Going on a walk with daddy and Grandpa.
We had a great trip and I miss my family already.
