Bathroom and Nursery Sneak Peek!
We are working away on the house and I wanted to give you a sneak peek of what’s going into it. I will take pictures of the progress soon, but I’m staying away from upstairs for now because it is pretty smelly and Peanut is just like her momma in that she doesn’t like things that smell funky. We should be closer to the final touches after next weekend and I’ll keep you all posted on pictures as we get there.
Here are some things we have picked out for the bathroom. The blue/gray subway tile is in the shower and around the tub deck. The white glass/stone/marble tile is the accent tile for the shower and tub deck (I could only find scraps left so this picture doesn’t do it justice). The granite is what we are having installed next Thursday and the dark wood chair they are all sitting on is very close to our cabinets.
Thanks to my amazing parents we were able to get these very cool fixtures.
Bathtub is complete with an airbath (similar to jets) and a mood light!
Nursery! We have painted the nursery – but right now it’s serving as the storage room for a lot of things, so it’s hard to get a good picture, but I wanted to post a picture of a few things to give an idea of how it’s going to come together. The walls are a light gray and all of the furniture is white.
I’m really excited about the bedding I ordered, it goes with the pink, yellow, gray theme.
The changing table/dresser was my great grandpa Rice’s workbench that my mom re-finished when I was a baby and it was my dresser growing up. Another awesome treasure we can pass down to Peanut. As you can see it’s covered with plastic from painting and squished with other furniture.
The rocking chair is a family heirloom – it was my great grandma Rice’s chair that she rocked all of her grandchildren in. My parents had it refinished and re-upholstered for Peanut. We are so thankful to have this piece.
This picture is a more accurate color of the chair.
Here is a picture of the crib – I love the white furniture. Kris surprised me with this for Christmas!
This is a picture of our curtains, the polka dots are actually much lighter in person. They are chenille dots so have a really neat texture.
