first family picture

Sunday marked the year anniversary of bringing Finley home. It was an amazing day. That morning we stopped by UPS to pick up her bassinet, which is funny to think back on now. Since I was admitted to the hospital so early and we were in the middle of the remodel at the time, we literally had NOTHING for her set up yet. But we quickly learned in the NICU that she really didn't need much to start off with. And thanks to Kris, my mom and dad - our house we PERFECT by the time we brought her home. My dad and Kris had worked around the clock to finish the remodel and my mom cleaned the house from top to bottom and put everything in its place. Kris's mom sent us the bassinet so we would have a place for our little angel to sleep. She had a crib, but it seemed so big and Iwas afraid it was going to swallow her!

This picture is really special to me. It was taken immediately after Finley's first bath, in the hospital sink. I was scared out of my mind during the entire bath. The nurse had me hold Finley in the sink while Kris washed her. I am not kidding that I was shaking with fear the whole time. I was afraid that I was going to drop her, not support her head right, or that she would be uncomfortable in the hard sink. My stomach dropped when the nurse walked away and left Kris and I alone with her in the water. It was the first time that I realized just how tiny she was. But that bath gave both Kris and I the confidence we needed to care for her on our own. We could do it! I wasn't sure how Finley would react to her first bath. Turns out she LOVED it. You could just tell by the look on her face that it felt so good. She didn't even cry when the nurse accidentally poured water over her face (seriously, who does that?!). I knew right then that we had a little water baby on our hands and I was so excited.


I love how she is looking up at Kris. It's like she knew who we were. That she was safe with us.


Getting ready to swaddle her up. She was such a trooper! Look how small she was, my hand covered her entire body and my hand was bigger than her head. Oh what a sweet little Peanut!

This was one of the GOOD memories from the NICU and she still loves her bathtime... and still doesn't mind when water gets on her face.

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP