coconut curry stir fry

Last night we had Coconut Curry Stir Fry and it was SOOOO good! I made two batches thinking I would freeze some for later. Well Kris loved it so much that he finished off the leftovers, which of course made me feel great. I used the sauce recipe from my new “The America’s Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook” and mixed fresh veggies with frozen veggies which was a good way to get lots of veggies for half the price. If you try this recipe leave a comment and tell me how you like it (you know you want to :-)!

I’ll list the amount for a single batch… I just doubled it last night.

Stir Fry Ingredients

  • 2 chicken breasts, cut up into strips.
  • 1 package of frozen stir fry veggies
  • 1 large red bell pepper
  • half an onion (you could use a whole)
  • 5 carrots (I just used that many because they were going to go bad)
  • 3 celery stalks
  • any other veggies you want to add would be great!

 

Coconut Curry Sauce Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup light coconut milk
  • 6 tbl chicken broth
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp cornstarch
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp curry powder
  • 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
  1. Heat some canola oil in pan and cook chicken pieces all the way through. Put chicken aside.
  2. Heat a little more oil and add the fresh veggies to the pan and cook until soft. Add the frozen veggies and cook until all veggies are warmed.
  3. Add chicken to the veggies.
  4. Whisk the sauce ingredients together and add to pan.
  5. Simmer stir fry while making rice.
  6. Serve and enjoy!

Unknown  – (January 21, 2011 at 4:39 PM)  

Hey Kristen! I cant print the recipe...it wont let me "copy and paste" :):) Could you email me this recipe?? I would love to try it! Love you! Emily

Unknown  – (February 4, 2011 at 2:19 PM)  

I tried this recipe last night and it was AWESOME! Thank you for emailing it to me! Love you and miss you!

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP