Finley Mae

So much has happened in the last couple months and boy am I behind on blogging about it! There is so much to catch up on and not a lot of time in between feedings, so for now I’m just going to load some pictures and will document this incredible journey in a more detailed post later. In short, I spent a month in the hospital where I was first admitted for intense pain on my left side. After a week of very painful tests and 10 doctors later, they still could not figure out the source of my pain. The next week they discovered my amniotic fluid level was extremely low and did a test to see if I was ruptured and sure enough, it was positive. Sometime during my time at the hospital my “water had broken” but since it wasn’t obvious to me, they determined it must be a high leak. Being ruptured introduces a host of risks including infection and it also meant that early delivery was imminent – a very hard reality for us since we were so concerned about our little Peanut and I was only 31 weeks at this point. Our goal was to get to 32 weeks… but as we all know Peanut turned out to be very strong and waited until 34 weeks! I had very strong contractions the weekend we learned of my rupture and everyone thought I would be delivering then… but all of the sudden everything just stopped. I hung in there for another week until my blood pressure went from normal to extremely high, virtually overnight. I was then being watched and tested for preeclampsia. Ultimately, this is what forced us to be induced when I was. My delivery was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. We got to hear Finley cry and we got to hold her right away – two things they told us not to expect since she was a preemie. She spent 11 days in the NIC-U where she braved IVs, a feeding tube, shots, biliruben lights, and monitors. Two days after SHE pulled out her feeding tube, we got to bring her home… much sooner than they anticipated. Our Finley is a warrior who is small but mighty.

Here we are, at home with our little blessing. Spending a month in the hospital was a very small price to pay for this amazing little girl. She is perfect to us and we can’t wait for everyone to get to meet her.

There is so much I am leaving out and not doing the story justice, but I wanted to get pictures out for those who follow the blog.

The hospital stay:

DSC_0005 DSC_0012 DSC_0004 DSC_0006

Delivery:

DSC_0044

NIC-U:

DSC_0056 Daddy Feeding DSC_0077

DSC_0081 DSC01509

Home Sweet Home:

DSC_0086 Bassinet

Home Sleeping in Pink

Smile Big

Hi Daddy Time

Mommy Time

DSC_0146 Legs Up

DSC_0141 DSC_0147 DSC_0154 DSC_0155 DSC_0143

3 weeks 1 3 weeks 2 3 weeks 3

Many more adorable pictures to come!

Unknown  – (April 6, 2010 at 11:07 PM)  

Wow ! She is sure one beautiful little angel! I am so amazed at how the Lord pulled your family through! Cant wait to meet her and see you guys! Love you!

Doug and Kirii  – (April 7, 2010 at 8:32 AM)  

Wow, what an unforgettable experience! I'm so glad you two are doing well. She is so beautiful. It's making me want another one even though my hands are full with an almost 3 year old and a 7 month old.

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP