party like a cowgirl
I think I’m still in shock. My little peanut is one… ONE! She is growing into toddlerhood and saying so long to babyhood. Oh it’s been the most fabulous year!
Can you believe she used to be this tiny?
And now she is little miss independent who can crawl, find my nose, clap, give kisses, and empty a box of flashcards in 5 seconds flat!
We had a great time on her birthday and a blast at her party this last weekend.
On her birthday we started off with her favorite blueberry pancakes…
Then we got dressed up, went to the consignment store to see if they had any good finds and then came home for a snack before her doctor’s appointment. WE didn’t document the doctor’s appointment because we’re just going to forget that she had three shots on this very special day and forget that she cried so sadly and that I almost burst into tears with her. Thank goodness daddy was there to calm his girls down!
We enjoyed a yummy lunch at Red Robin and I think Finley would agree that they have the best grilled cheese in town. Thank goodness I was there to help her finish it, aren’t moms great?! She tried cantaloupe for the first time (which happens to be the only food that I absolutely despise) and I was hoping she would like it (my whole life I’ve tried to like it – it looks yummy… until I try to eat it). She seemed to like it okay, didn’t gobble it up but didn’t spit it out in disgust either. She was pretty happy during lunch, she loves going out to eat!
Next stop was KidsQuest, a children’s museum in Bellevue. She loved watching the other kids and just wanted to jump right into playing with the big kids.
Proud mama with the birthday girl.
Daddy with his princess checking out the semi-truck.
That night our neighbors came over to enjoy some cupcakes and watch Finley enjoy her first cupcake. They were so sweet and gave her her very first puppy for her birthday, she loves it. My neighbor also made her a beautiful hat which I LOVE.
The cupcake!
Got to think about this… what’s my strategy? What exactly is this thing?
It’s squishy…
It looks good on my tummy…
I guess I’ll taste it…
Not bad. Looks good in my hair too!
Can I take a bath now?
On Sunday Finley had her big party and we celebrated “cowgirl style.” We had a great time and were so happy to see our friends. Finley was loving all the attention too!
I made lots of cupcakes – velvet cupcake pops, cupcake bites, cookie dough cupcakes and vanilla cupcakes. They were delish! Kris made chili and it was the best – Finley even ate a whole bowl! It was her first time eating chili and I was surprised she ate it because it was pretty spicy. She must like the spice like her mama and daddy, you go girl!
Finley and her BFF Siena being as cute as can be. (Finley’s cowgirl boots came off within 5 minutes of the party starting but trust me they were adorable!).
Finley adores Sawyer.
Cake round 2.
It was a great birthday!
We love you sweet Finley, here’s to many delicious cupcakes in our future (and don’t worry, we can find lots things to celebrate as an excuse to eat a cupcake ;-).
