Clam Linguine

I love food. One of my favorite things to do is browse through recipes whether it be in an old cookbook or on someone’s blog. Even better is when I find a recipe that is easy to make and yummy to eat. So I thought I would try to start documenting the recipes we love. Send me any of your favorites, I LOVE getting new recipes. Below is a dish that I made tonight and was pretty tasty (and super easy!).

Clam Linguine

  • 3/4 box linguine
  • 1 tbl olive oil
  • 1 tbl butter
  • 8 oz jar clam juice
  • 2 (10 oz) cans of baby whole clams (drained)
  • 3 garlic cloves (diced)
  • 1/2 c. of chopped shallots (I used 1 1/2 shallots)
  • 3/4 c. chicken broth
  • 3/4 c. white wine
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • Squeeze fresh lemon
  • shaved parmesan cheese
  1. cook linguine according to package instructions.
  2. heat butter and olive oil in pan and add garlic and shallots. saute for about 2 minutes.
  3. add clams to the pan and saute for 5 minutes.
  4. add oregano, salt and pepper.
  5. add clam juice, wine, lemon and chicken broth. bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
  6. add the cooked pasta to the clam sauce and serve with shaved parmesan cheese.

Mmmm mmm mm!

The next day I heated up some of the left over broth and wine, added some cherry tomatoes and then tossed in the left over pasta. It was delicious!

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP