Beef with Red Wine Sauce – Slow Cooker

I made this dish for my parents when they were in town and they loved it. It’s another slow cooker recipe which makes it so easy. I got this one from Southern Living (myrecipes.com).

Beef with Red Wine Sauce

  • 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • sliced mushrooms (I used about 2 cups)
  • 1 package of brown gravy mix
  • 1 can (10.5 oz) beef broth
  • 1 cup red wine
  • 2 tbl tomato paste
  • 1 bay leaf
  • egg noodles
  1. I dredged the beef in flour, salt and pepper and cooked for a couple minutes before putting into the slow cooker – however, the recipe does not call for this so is an optional step.
  2. Add beef, onion and mushrooms to slow cooker.
  3. Whisk gravy mix, broth, red wine and tomato paste. Pour over the beef in the slow cooker.
  4. Add bay leaf.
  5. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
  6. Serve over cooked egg noodles.

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP