today and taco recipe
Finley and I had a great day today. This morning we went to our first MOPs meeting at church and Finley joined the kiddos in the nursery for the first time. I was definitely nervous leaving her in there, being with a bunch of little ones without me and in the care of adults I don’t know, and the germs… it all gave me a bit of anxiety. But as soon as she saw the other babies playing she got so excited and started making her “bubbles” (aka spitting) sound. She seemed to have a lot of fun and was so tired that she passed out in the car and went on to sleep for TWO hours when we got home. Naps have been a big struggle for us lately so that was amazing. All the action made her tired! I met some great moms and there was an awesome guest speaker who talked about meal planning, preparing freezer meals and maximizing food at Costco… stay tuned for posts on what I learned.
After her nap we bundled up (it was freeezing today) and headed out to the grocery store. Here’s my little shopper (hamming it up for all of the people oooing and awwing at her as they walked by… you’d think she was a celebrity. Guess that what happens when you’re this cute :-).
Now for my Taco recipe that we had for dinner. This one is so easy and delicious, it always gets gobbled right up (who doesn’t like Taco Tuesday?!)!
Kristen’s Yummy Taco Creation (catchy isn’t it?!)
Ingredients
- 1 can of El Pato Hot Tomato Sauce (this stuff is the magic ingredient, you can find it next to the salsas and enchilada sauces in a yellow/red can)
- 1 lb ground meat (I used turkey tonight but you can use beef too)
- taco seasoning (either the packet or about 4 tbl if you buy in bulk)
- 1 1/2 cups water or chicken broth
- refried beans
- box of Spanish rice (I used the rice a roni version. fancy, I know :-)
- stewed tomatoes (to add to the Spanish rice)
- tortillas
- grated cheese
Instructions
- Brown meat. Add taco seasoning and liquid and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down heat and simmer until liquid reduces (about 5 minutes). Add El Pato sauce and stir well. That’s it for the meat!
- Heat the beans… easy peasy.
- Make the rice according to box instructions.
- Grate cheese.
- Heat tortillas by lightly wetting them with water and microwaving them for 15-20 seconds.
- Put beans, rice and meat in the tortilla and top with cheese. If you have really good taste (like me) you’ll also top it with Catalina dressing or even better some Ketchup (don’t judge).
Happy Cooking!
