August – 5 months, almost 6!

This is a long post, but lots of pictures and videos!

Wow, so much to write about. I can’t believe how behind I am on blogging. We’ve had a great month and it flew by so fast! As I write this it is raining and gloomy, Fall is definitely in the air. I can’t wait to take Finley to the pumpkin patch, dress her up in a cute Halloween costume, and start baking and drinking apple cider. As much as I get sick of the rain and gray, I love the Fall and I LOVE the holidays that greet us right around the corner. So, I digress. Back to August! Finley has grown and developed the most this month than any other. Her personality is really showing through and she seems so grown up. Next month she’ll be on solids and possibly even sitting up. Where has the time gone?! Here are some highlights of Princess Peanut:

  • She is rolling over and we can’t keep her off of her tummy! Two weeks ago she hated tummy time and now it’s her favorite position. August 21st marked her first time rolling over on her own – and I had to capture the moment. Doesn’t she look so proud!?! (Don’t mind the spit up – that happens ALL the time).

DSC_0866 DSC_0867

  • She sucks her thumb, chews on her fingers and plays with her binky. Instead of sucking on her binky, she likes to pull it in and out of her mouth. Of course, I think it’s a sign of how brilliant she is ;-)

DSC_0874

  • She reaches and plays with her toys. She LOVES to play with her toys. Her favorites are the soft plastic Sassy book with a handle, the light up caterpillar, the Lamaze Moose and Firefly, and the Sophie Giraffe. She really likes anything that either makes noise, has bright colors or that she can chew on.
  • As soon as she sees her bottle she opens her mouth and reaches her hands out for it. She then grasps it to try and hold it. A few times I have been able to let go and she has been able to hold her it on her own (for a short time). Such a big girl!
  • She giggles a lot more now. The things that make her giggle the most are farting noises (such a lady), blowing bubbles, waving a trash bag, waving toys above her head, making silly noises, and kisses on her neck. There is no sweeter sound than that of your baby laughing. Music to my ears!
  • She loves to blow bubbles and my favorite part is that she will mimic you when you blow bubbles. She is learning so quickly. She is a much better bubble blower than me!

DSC_0888

  • She LOVES attention. And she has figured out how to get it (it’s not like she’s lacking any attention though)! To get noticed she yells, chatters/talks constantly, goes huh huh huh, blows bubbles, fake coughs, and just looks plain adorable doing it all.
  • She kicks when she is excited and nothing gets her more excited than bath time.
  • She wants to sit up on her own so badly.

DSC_0839

DSC_0853

  • She loves to watch people and any action around her. She also loves to be outside. The few times she’s been fussy (which is rare) we’ve taken her outside and it calmed her instantly.
  • She is amused and interested in faces. She will touch our face when we hold her and feel our nose, eyes, mouth. She will even take off my glasses! In the morning when I lay her next to me she will claw my face for a good 15 minutes.
  • She loves watching the tv, although we hardly ever let her. She also loves watching her daddy play the guitar and sing. She just stares in awe.
  • When she yawns she makes a very dramatic “ahhhh” sound, and it is too stinking cute.

August was also a great month because Finley got to see a lot of family. The month started off with a visit from Papa Steve (Kris’s dad). We had such a great time and Finley loved him, of course! We took her to the zoo and she got lots of cuddle time with her Papa. We are so glad he was able to come visit, it was really

 

 

 

 

 

special.

DSC_0800

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0803

DSC_0810

Just this last week we took a road trip to Boise. I think Finley loves road trips because she was a perfect angel. On the way to Boise we came across this sign, how cool is that!?!

DSC_0862

In Boise, Finley got to meet two of her great grandmas and her great grandpa – and got lots of play time with Grandma Cindy, Grandpa Dan and Uncle B and S. She was is heaven. It was really great for me to spend some time with my family and friends. My mom had professional pictures done since everyone was together. I don’t have digital copies yet, but here is the link: http://jtaylorportraits.smugmug.com/Families/Ediger-Family/Ediger/13538697_fEY4g#986603564_GnAAX

My mom and I took Finley to the fair, where I have many wonderful memories of showing. It was so cool to show Finley where I spent so many of my summers with my horses. She naturally loved the animals, especially the horses.

DSC_0927

DSC_0931

DSC_0937

DSC_0938

DSC_0942

Maybe she’ll take after my mom and me and be a little cowgirl?

lastscan37

lastscan35

And she loved going to the garden with Grandpa. Such a good helper holding the bag!

DSC_0946

DSC_0947

And while Kris was there he went to a John Prine concert, won a golf tournament and worked on the Bronco mobile!

We had such a great time and it was so special to spend time with everyone. Finley has such a big, loving family and so many people who love and care for her. I am so thankful for that!

And some random pictures I had to share.

DSC_0884

DSC_0878

DSC_0789

DSC_0784

DSC_0829

DSC_0843

DSC_0848

Thanks Oma for her first western shirt, it’s too cute!

DSC_0850

Thank you to all of the great grandparents who gave Finley some pretty awesome and very memorable presents this month. She will cherish them all forever.

Great Grandma Wilson got her a Notre Dame teddy bear. She can’t wait to watch football games with her daddy and I know she will be holding that teddy bear tight! Go Irish!

Great Nana gave her all of her old jewelry, hats, and purses. Every girly girl’s dream. I think I was more excited than anyone else! I can’t wait to start playing dress up with Finley. Some of the pieces are the same ones I played with when I was a little girl! I have great memories playing dress up.

Great Grandma and Grandpa Ediger gave her a handmade rocking horse, carved with love by Grandpa Ediger. It is beautiful, absolutely stunning. Now I know where my dad gets his crafty talent from! She is going to spend many days rocking away on it and it is such a stunning piece she will cherish it forever.

Thank you to everyone for making this month such a special one for our family!

Unknown  – (September 14, 2010 at 5:47 AM)  

It was so great to come and spend time with you guys! Finely is so beautiful, just like her mom... inside and out! Love you! Love the pics too!

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP