Chicken Cacciatore – Slow Cooker

One of Kris’s favorite dishes is chicken cacciatore and it used to not appeal to me… until I found this recipe. Now I love it! Thanks to Emeril Lagasse for always providing great dishes that are easy to create.

Chicken Cacciatore

  • 6 chicken thighs or 2-4 breasts (you can get with or without skin. I personally think the skin adds great flavor).
  • seasonings: salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme (I don’t measure any of these… just sprinkle as I see fit).
  • flour (for dredging and then 2 tbl for veggies)
  • olive oil
  • 1/2 onion
  • red pepper flakes
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • bell pepper (I used red, green or both – really whatever I have on hand).
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes
  • 1 small can tomato sauce
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • pasta (I used egg noodles)
  • parmesan
  1. Coat chicken with all of the seasonings and dredge in flour. Heat oil in a dutch oven and cook chicken for about 3-5 minutes per side (just to brown it).
  2. Transfer chicken to slow cooker and in the dutch oven add the red pepper flakes, onion, garlic and bell pepper. Saute about 5 minutes (season with salt and pepper). Stir in 2 tbl flour.
  3. Add wine, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth and salt. Bring to boil.
  4. Technorati Tags:
  5. Add sauce to crock pot and cook for 6 hours on high.
  6. Serve over noodles and top with parm or romano cheese. 

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP